Through thousands of interactions over the past decade, we’ve created a network of collaboration, communication, and co-learning — through multi-day classes, short workshops, podcasts, live events, retreats, and online learning that are as unique as those participating in them.
Our process includes carefully designed foundational courses that, when embraced, allow leaders to show the people in their span of care that they are being seen, valued, and heard. It begins with the transformational course, Our Community Listens, where participants gain invaluable communication skills that develop connections and deepen relationships.
Once a participant has completed Our Community Listens, they can enroll in Our Community Serves, where they’ll learn to create a unique culture of service and care for those they have the privilege to lead. Designed with our partners in mind, after completing Our Community Serves, key leaders can take Our Community Leads, where they will practice integrating critical skills from the previous courses into their organization. They’ll also learn to honor their team members’ values and gifts to accomplish their organization’s vision.
Join dozens of partners and collaborators already choosing the Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities as their communication and leadership advocate.
Our Community Listens is the first of our foundational courses. The three-day course is designed to help participants learn how to listen effectively, express themselves clearly, and build better relationships. These skills are essential for success in both personal and professional contexts. In addition, the communication skills training offered by the Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities can help participants to:
– Improve their ability to listen attentively and understand others to foster better relationships at home and at work
– Understand their unique communication profile
– Learn about core behavioral tendencies
– Discover how to flex their communication for the comfort of others
– Appreciate the diverse contributions others bring to our lives and leadership
– Discover and experience how listening empowers people to help others, improve relationships and increase the opportunity for personal and team achievement
– Learn the common misgivings about confrontation and power and will receive a practical method to positively and respectfully confront others to create change
– Express themselves more clearly and effectively
– Resolve conflicts peacefully and productively
– Lead more effectively and inspire others
– Improve Self Awareness
– Understand what motivates their team members
– Connect the principles and practices learned in class to their life and leadership after class, reflect on how to reset their relational default modes, and learn how to leverage the most value out of the Continuous Learning process after the classroom experience ends
We offer our trainings to make a difference, not a profit. As such, we do not ever want money to be a barrier to learning. The suggested investment is only $297 per participant, but we invite you to pay what you can towards the cost of this training.
When you register for your class, you will have the opportunity to select the payment that is right for you. Participation in Our Community Listens is generously subsidized through a gift of the Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities (CFCC).
But don’t take our word for it, see what these participants had to say.
“This program changed the way I approach everything – from my marriage, to my parenting, to other relationships, to the way I lead. Amazing content and very well done!”
– Terry PattonGreater St Louis Chapter Alumnus
“These were the most valuable three days that I’ve invested in my professional career. This course was truly transformational. I recommend any course from the Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities to anyone who is serious about being a better leader and human. Thank you all for what you do to make these courses available!”
– Joshua GaleSr. Marketing Director, CFCC
“Overall this experience has opened many eyes and doors. I have found numerous sections of Our Community Listens to be valuable. This has brought many of us closer than we were, even if we don’t see it. This not only will help in our career fields but in our homes with family and friends. Thank you.”
– JustinUS Military
“Our Community LIstens is an outstanding leadership and communications seminar. Many concepts challenged methods of communication I currently believe in and use, really illuminating my faults (in a good way) and helped me determine methods and tools to get better and create a much better culture and environment within my organization. I would highly recommend to all leaders and supervisors at every level.”
– RichardMichigan Alumnus
“I learned a lot during Our Community Listens and I also strengthened relationships. This class brought me a lot of insight and joy and I highly recommend this course to others in my department and other organizations.”