The Operations Specialist of Chapman Foundation for Caring Communities (CFCC) is a critical role in providing our programming to our caring communities. This dynamic, person-centered team member handles operational details within community and partnership programming. The Operations Specialist will work with other Operations Specialists to support organizational programming and maintain a personal caseload of events.
The Ops reports to the Operations and Programming Support Leader and interacts with Strategic Engagement Leaders on community and partnership-based classes.
- Maintain a caseload of community and partnership classes.
- Assist with data collection and tracking related to community and partnership based classes.
- Load virtual and in-person events in CRM, register participants, and serve regional leaders with input and direction on the area strategic plan.
- Assign and gather pre-work from in-person participants, communicate with participants, and offer class support and follow up information to ensure the best possible experience for participants. The Operations Specialist handles all the details of an event.
- Follow current processes, procedures, templates, and checklists, while offering feedback for optimizing operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
- Attend weekly update meeting to collaborate with other Operations Specialist to discuss best practices, update on progress of work, and accept projects to further the organization.
- Purchase and store course supplies and materials (workbooks, pens, highlighters, flipcharts, etc.) while maintaining an inventory of current stock.
- Assist regional leader in arranging class schedule and assigning facilitators for events.
- Adjust and adapt to create consistency and streamlining across all regions.
- Identify ways to improve customer experiences.
- Take on various projects within the organization to help ensure effective day-to-day operations.
- Organize and prepare meetings or events as requested by Strategic Engagement Leaders.
- Understand and support the National Strategic Plan to advance CFCC’s people, values, mission, and vision.
- Be flexible, growth minded, have a servant heart.
- Experience in event planning and operational support, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Proven examples of knowing own strengths and areas for growth.
- Outstanding communication skills written, verbal, reflective and empathetic listening, and effective confrontation.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, handle a variety of constituencies, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement experience. Ability to articulate times when they have made mistakes, learned from them, and improved.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Work Hours and Travel
This is a full-time, exempt position. General hours of work and days may be allocated to ensure that job goals and responsibilities are met with excellence. Out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected up to 10% of the time.
CFCC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CFCC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CFCC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CFCC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.